The Eurovision Song Contest grand finale is underway. The 66th edition of the popular event takes place in Turin in Italy after the country came top last year with Maneskin’s Zitti E Buoni.
The line-up and running order for Eurovision 2022 have now been confirmed following the semi-finals which took place on Tuesday and Thursday this week. After two rounds of heats 20 countries have advanced to the last stage of the competition.
They join the Big Five, which is made up of France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom, who automatically go through to the final every year. The grand finale takes place on Saturday, May 14 and airs on BBC One with coverage from Graham Norton at 8pm. Presenters on stage will include Grace Kelly singer Mika, Laura Pausini and Alessandro Cattelan.
This year Sam Ryder will represent the UK with his song entry Space Man. In 2021, the UK contestant was James Newman with Embers, but unfortunately, he came in last place. It’s been 25 years since the UK last won Eurovision.
Eurovision grand final 2022 running order
- Czech Republic: We Are Domi – Lights Off
- Romania: WRS – Llámame
- Portugal: MARO – Saudade, Saudade
- Finland: The Rasmus – Jezebel
- Switzerland: Marius Bear – Boys Do Cry
- France: Alvan & Ahez – Fulenn
- Norway: Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- Armenia: Rosa Linn – Snap
- Italy: Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- Spain: Chanel – SloMo
- Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte
- Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania
- Germany: Malik Harris – Rockstars
- Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli – Fade To Black
- Belgium: Jérémie Makiese – Miss You
- Greece: Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord – Die Together
- Iceland: Systur – Með Hækkandi Sól
- Moldova: Zdob şi Zdub & Advahov Brothers – Trenulețul
- Sweden: Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer
- Australia: Sheldon Riley – Not The Same
- United Kingdom: Sam Ryder – SPACE MAN
- Poland: Ochman – River
- Serbia: Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
- Estonia: Stefan – Hope
You can watch the Eurovision Grand Final on BBC One, May 14 from 8pm. For more showbiz and television stories, get our newsletter here.