3.5 C
New York
Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Accidental fire kills 1, destroys Pa. home

Several fire departments responded to a fire over the weekend at a home in Northumberland County, in which one person was found dead.

A release from the Pennsylvania State Police in Montoursville said that Dennis Hassenplug, 76, was killed in a fire at 38 Spencer Street in Delaware Township. Hassenplug was the sole resident of the home, and was pronounced dead at the scene from fire-related elevation of carbon monoxide.

The report stated that several fire departments responded to the fire around 10:15 p.m. on March 5. According to the Williamsport Sun-Gazette, fire departments from Milton, White Deer Township, Turbot Township, Lewisburg, Montgomery and Muncy were all mobilized.

The fire has been ruled to be accidental, but no additional details have been released. The Sun-Gazette reported that the fire was brought under control in roughly 30 minutes.

Source link

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected


Latest Articles