dani porchetto He has been playing the piano since the age of two. son of Argentine rock legend raul porchettoSucked music from a very young age and turned it into his profession.
in dialogue teleshowPresented “give up your love– his new song -, talked about his relationship with his father, the music school he heads, the projects he has and how he remembered the day he played for Roger Waters With an unforgettable episode. ,I gave him my academy card. I don’t think he will call me to learn, but if he needs something in Buenos Aires, he can communicate”, he said amidst laughter.
– The first question is about “Dejar Tu Amor”, the song you released few days back. How was the recording process? Did your father attend?
– I made it a while back but I decided now is the time to record and release it. I like to compose with a melodious idea and not so much with a rhythm. What you are hearing today is just the opposite., And in this totally hostile context to the market, with the idea of not belonging to any movement or any, I enjoy bringing up these kinds of topics…
In the recording, everything flowed because apart from being with good musicians, who understood where I wanted to take the issue, they supported me. I was lucky to be producing it with Pablo Motizac, bass player for Rata Blanca, who completely understood me while working on it. I am very happy with the result. Dad also participated in this song, as I do in everything related to music. I’m lucky to have that filter of experience and music quality. It would be very foolish of me to waste it.,
– Which musicians are with you? Have an idea to publish an album and start touring?
– With me are Hernia Rico on drums, Pablo Motizac on bass, Antonella Vinacia and Ana Clara Porchetto on choirs and, since it’s a very guitar-oriented song, I did it with three different guitarists so that each one Contribute something different. Song. They are Javier Torsillas, Fabian Passaro and Federico Gamba.
This is the starting point to get acquainted with my creations And, of course, there’s nothing more beautiful than going out on tour and playing them live. I have many songs written and I will release one song every month across all digital platforms.
– I know that you have been very attached to the school for many years. Tell us how many kids attend, what the classes are like, what equipment they teach, what age the students are…
– Yes, I have been teaching for many years and this is something that I am passionate about. The Academy is in Vicente López and it’s actually a very warm environment to make music. It is attended by over 200 students of all ages who come to learn singing, piano, guitar, bass etc.,
Classes are individual, so we can work very well with each of the boys and girls who attend deniporchatostudio, It is definitely a different place to learn to sing and play instruments in the North. Those who want to come can contact me through my Instagram.
– I cannot ask you about your father and your beginnings in music. I think it is your great influence and inspiration. How is their relationship and what is it like working with Raul?
– I have been playing the piano since the age of two. Every day there was an atmosphere of music in the house. It was everyday to see Papa composing on the piano and this is where I made my presence felt., was constantly interrupting her to be a part of that gig. Over time, I was trained on what my profession would be.
We have a great relationship with Dad and I’ve been working with him for over 20 years., We share daily and we understand each other completely in terms of music. They have experience and creativity, so I try to get along with them in the best way I can. And this time he does the same with my songs. Because despite understanding each other musically, we have different ways of composing.
– I wanted to remember the day you played with your father for Roger Waters in the Buenos Aires Legislature. A dream moment that I imagine…
— One knows that life is now and one has to live in the moment but it is almost impossible to make ends meet. Well, I think I made it that day. I have stored every moment in my head. And I was lucky enough to be playing the piano for one of the greatest minds in rock history., And an incredible anecdote is that I gave my Music Academy card to Roger Waters. I don’t think he will call me to learn, but if he needs something in Buenos Aires, he can communicate, (laughter).
– What are your plans and projects?
– With music I gave myself all the pleasures you can imagine. But, when you dedicate yourself to art, at any time you can have something that will surprise you. So I am ready for everything, working hard and hope that the good things keep happening. Also, eager to go out and play, tour the country, travel abroad and continue to introduce many new songs with this “old school” rock proposition that is my specialty.
We launched the song last July 10 in Moby Dick Buenos Aires and it turned out really amazing. It is one of the most beautiful places in Costanera and there is a tremendous wave of people working there. It was a magical night. I invite everyone who hasn’t heard yet”give up your loveThat they do it through Spotify and that they follow me on everything I do on Instagram: @daniporchettostudio,
Love After 30 Years of Love, the best-selling album in the history of Argentine rock that coveted Fito Páez
The story of when the shiver passes, one of Soda Stereo’s most iconic songs