The 34th and final round starts in Vila do Conde, with the game between Rio Ave (12th, with 39 points) and Famalicão (eighth, with 43), and continues with the reception of Vizela (11th, with 40) to Sporting, which has the fourth place defined.
The opening could lead to small adjustments in the standings, between Famalicão, Vizela and Rio Ave, in a zone of the table in which Casa Pia (ninth) and Boavista (10th), both with 41 points, play on Saturday, away, with Gil Vicente (14th, with 34) and Desportivo de Chaves (seventh, with 46), respectively.
The most important calculations, those of the title, begin to be done on Saturday, from 18:00, with Benfica entering the field, at Estádio da Luz, with the relegated Santa Clara, and FC Porto, at Estádio do Dragão, with Vitória de Guimarães.
Benfica and FC Porto are in the race, with the ‘Eagles’ entering this last round with 84 points and the ‘Dragons’ with 82, with the ‘Reds’ still having a gap of over 11 goals over their rivals.
At the same time, Arouca is looking to win at Portimonense and expect a defeat or a draw by Vitória in Porto’s stronghold, the only scenario that would still allow them to ‘steal’ the fifth position from Guimarães.
Games of the 34th round
– Friday, May 26:
- Rio Ave — Famalicão, 7 pm.
- Vizela — Sporting Lisbon, 21:15.
– Saturday, May 27:
- Gil Vicente — Casa Pia, 12:45 pm.
- Desportivo de Chaves — Boavista, 3.30 pm.
- Estoril Praia — Maritime, 3.30 pm.
- Portimonense — FC Arouca, 18h00.
- FC Porto — Vitória de Guimarães, 18h00.
- Benfica — Santa Clara, 18h00.
- Sporting de Braga — Paços de Ferreira, 20:30.